Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Wacky Wednesday

Since attempting to dedicate a little more of myself to our blog, I've been tossing around the idea of having theme days here. Although I wish I had a little more free time and could participate in Ruby Tuesday and Wordless Wednesday the way my friend Tink does, I just don't see it happening any time soon.


Then, I stopped over to visit Leigh, and I noticed that she came up with her own theme of the day-Mickey Monday. If a busy, losing her mind Mommy (just like me!) can manage to do it, so can I!


At least I think I can. For now, maybe I'll just wing it and see what happens?

So for today, at least, I introduce....Wacky Wednesday! It's Wednesday, and we're often wacky; isn't that convenient?


We love visiting the Fernbank Museum of Natural History here in Atlanta; especially when it is free for Mom and Dad due to Bank of America's Museums on Us!


What makes it even better is when they throw a Pirate Party on the same day! Sadly, it wasn't as exciting as we thought it would be, but Renee did have the chance to dress up in her fabulous pirate costume again.


Oh, and we all were all given wacky, pirate names! Fun, right? First up...meet 'One-Eyed Eight Fingers'.



Next, we have 'Long John Murphy'.



Last but not least, we have 'Admiral Sam'.



'Admiral Sam'. Really? They couldn't have come up with anything better than that? lol

2 comments:

Leigh Hatfield-Middleton said...

I like Wacky Wednesday!!! (How could you tell I was losing my mind? HA!)

I love your family. Love these pictures and your stories. I love that it looks like you guys have so much fun together - no matter what you're doing.

I hope Audrey thinks we're fun when she's Renee's age.

Mare said...

Awww, thanks Leigh. Oh, and I knew you were losing your mind because I can see myself in your posts...lol!

That's why I love *your* blog so much. It takes me back to the days when Renee was that little, and inspires me to find the time to sit down and document about our fun times together.

With parents like the two of you, how could Miss Audrey think anything other than fun? =)