Thursday, April 16, 2009

Stuff on my cat...and kid

Have you ever seen the website, Stuff on my Cat? It has to be one of the most hysterical things I've ever seen. The idea (I'm guessing from most of the photos) is to see how much stuff you can pile on top of your cat before he/she either wakes up or decides they've had enough.

Unfortunately for Cannoli, I made the mistake of showing the website to the little Miss the other day. There is no need to be concerned for Cheesecake though. She has a sixth sense about these types of things and knows when it is a good idea to stay away.

Personally, I think she remembers when Renee tried to dress her up in a Build-a-Bear Yankees outfit when she was just a little kitten. Maybe that's why she's never come to sit on her lap since that fateful day!

Things started simply enough when Renee thought that her knitting hoops would make an adorable hat. Cannoli thought that it would be better suited as a fashionable choker necklace.



Since that didn't go so well, she decided to make it harder for him to escape. She nested him into one of our hat boxes, and wrapped him up in a blanket. Then, the placing of stuff began. Cannoli watched carefully to make sure he wasn't being taken advantage of.



Then he looked up to me as if to say, "Please save me, oh lady who feeds us!"


Needless to say, it didn't last long. Dolls went flying, blankets were drug across the living room, and Cannoli was long gone.

A few days went by without Miss Creativity thinking of a cat of a critter of which to stack stuff upon. Then, the Easter eggs were emptied and something was triggered in that little brain of hers. How much fun would it be to place one half of an Easter egg upon Cannoli's head?



"Did you really think I was going to allow that for long? Hey, Cheesecake! Come out of hiding and see what they are trying to do to me."



"Really? Are you setting me up again? I am so not into this today."


"Seriously? You're really going to do it? And yellow? You know that's not my color."


"This is ridiculous. I just know you are going to document this and blog about it!"


"I'll just knock it off. Maybe there is something good inside? Cheesie left so I won't even have to share it with her!"


"Not fair! Why didn't they put a cat treat or something inside? I'll show them! I'll bite it and then the edges won't fit together anymore! Muwahhhhaaaa!"


"You know what I think? I think I will send vibes to the lady who feeds me and tell her that she should put some stuff on that kid of hers. Hmmmm...what would be good?"


"Now that's what I call sweet revenge!"

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Aww, that was cute! Love it, mean it.

Snowbird said...

Love it.

Ed said...

That was too funny! I'll have to decorate Mike and Sully

Unknown said...

LMAO!!!Especially the picture with the yellow hat.Looks like he belongs on the Mulan movie!What a patient kitty!